Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hitting the Paws Button

Been more than a wee while since I've posted. Sorry about that . . .

As of, er, June-ish, SemperFun (the company behind Otto And Anna) went under and I was left without my job. Since then, I've become a jaunty Cat Slave at my local S.P.C.A.

It's long, hard and frequently disgusting work, but I have to say, I actually really love it. I've grown so close to the kitties I take care of and have come to love them dearly. Which is frankly blummen' BIZARRE because I used to hate cats, ha ha.

At any rate, it bears mentioning that I have been doing a LOT of art during this time, but they're all really cumbersome projects that I don't feel ready to post in part just yet. Soon, though! One of the three projects is nearing completion and I hope to have it presentable by the end of the year at the very latest.

In the mean time, here are a few very quick doodles . . .

Given what you (might have) read above, it should come as no surprise that I have gotten in the habit of bringing work home with me, hee hee . . .

My very first foster, named Thumbelina:
Photobucket
We are very short on cage space at the shelter, and kittens can not legally be adopted till they are eight weeks of age anyway, so we frequently foster out the wee, wee bitty ones till they are of age. This ickle ginger was only three and a half weeks old when I brought her home . . . Of course, her size belied her energy. She later came to be nicknamed 'Nom-belina' on account of her habit of nipping at feet.

My current foster, Zippy:
Photobucket
Zippy had one foot (two paws?) in the euth room door, but I managed to find him a home with Sara, who has been kind enough to give him a second chance. I'm just holding onto him until she can come to get him. He's an ENORMOUS longhaired manx and the most docile, gentle cat I've yet encountered. He also had horrific mats in his fur, so we had to shave him down. He's literally half the cat he used to be.

Aaaand my boys, Zekiel and Ru:
Photobucket
These two started as fosters, but they'll be mine for good in a few days. Ru is a black tuxedo bobtail and Zekiel is a lynx-point siamese bobtail. They came in together and had to go home together. Their personalities compliment eachother so well, it's really no surprise. Ru is a bouncy goofball with giant, owly yellow eyes that just staaaare up at me. When I come home from work he greets me by running at me full-tilt, galloping clear up my body and throwing his arms round my neck so he can lick my face. Zeke, on the other hand, is a far more lax and dignified gentleman, though he is an undeniable cuddlebug and will often sleep curled up against my chest when I go to bed, purring away. I really could not have imagined finding a more perfect pair of pets for myself. I absolutely adore them. I'm also beginning to think I am doomed to accumulate cats with varying degrees of taillessness, ha ha.

So yes, that's it for now. More art is on the way soon, I promise. Dry Spell? Pah! NO MORE, say I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beyyyybeeeeees! These are so sweet!